Goodale Family Scholarship awards are for high achieving students in International Studies. Recipients may be undergraduate or graduate students traveling to do research or study in a country the student has not yet visited.
Preference will be given to students who wish to study and/or conduct research in Mexico. Preference will also be given to students for whom the trip is a first journey abroad.
• Applicants must be enrolled in and working toward completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate at Georgia State University.
• A minimum institutional GPA of 2.5 is required for undergraduate students.
• A minimum institutional GPA of 3.0 is required for graduate and professional students.
• Post-baccalaureate students not enrolled in a degree or certificate program are not eligible for the Goodale Family Scholarship.
At the time of scholarship application, applicants must be in the process of enrolling in a study abroad program. Students must be receiving academic credit for the term for which they are applying for the scholarship.
• Institutional GPA
• Program sponsor (GSU or other)
• Program location
• Previous international experience
• Number of credits being earned (only applicable to Maymester and Summer programs)
If awarded the Goodale Family Scholarship in International Studies, students may receive between $250 and $1000. Please be aware that applying for the scholarship does not guarantee an award.
• Incomplete applications will not be eligible for review. We will not follow up on incomplete applications.
• Cover letters, letters of recommendation, resumes, references, etc. are not required for this scholarship. Do not submit any of these with your application, as they will not be considered.
• Late applications will not be accepted. In order to ensure fairness and to process awards in a timely manner there will be no exceptions to this rule.
Questions about the scholarship can be directed to Justin Cade: email@example.com